Arena 2.0:Log in and log out
Certain features of Arena are only accessible when you are logged in to your Arena user account. For example, Media Basket content is only stored if you are logged in. This article explains how to login to and logout of your Arena user account.
How to login
You may login by using your Arena user account, or by using your library, archive or museum membership number and PIN. To create an Arena user account see User Accounts.
- Keep your login details secure. Make sure that nobody can see your password or PIN as you enter it.
- Locate your library, archive or museum membership card, and locate on it your membership number and PIN.
- Use your web browser to navigate to the Arena Welcome page.
- Locate the Login panel.
- In Username type your library, archive or museum membership number.
- In Password type the PIN that goes with the library, archive or museum number you entered above.
- In Choose your Library choose the library, archive or museum that you want to be you local one for this session. Arena will give preference to this one in its search results.
- Tick Remember me if you want your web browser to store your login settings. Do not do this if you are using a shared computer.
- Click Sign In.
- If the login is successful, the Login panel will become the Hello panel, and will show links to My Inbox plus the number of unread messages, My Stuff and My Profile. Click Refresh to refresh the details in this panel.
- If the login is unsuccessful, the Login panel fields will clear, so you may attempt to login again.
If you are logging in at a shared computer, do not allow the web browser to store your user name and password/PIN. When entering your user name and password/PIN, if the web browser offers to store the information, you should decline.
If your user name and password/PIN are stored in the web browser of a shared computer, you should change your password/PIN as soon as possible.
- When you have finished using Arena, make sure you logout. This prevents anyone else from using your Arena account.
You may only logout in if you are currently logged in. To learn more see Login.
- Locate the Login panel.
- Click Log out.
Arena will logout your account after a predefined number of minutes of inactivity (usually set between 15-60 minutes). This secures your account in case you leave the computer without logging out of your account.
- When you have finished using Arena, always logout manually. Do not leave your account logged in, as it may be used by someone else before Arena has logged you out automatically.