Arena 2.0:Getting Started
The Arena screen
The Arena screen is divided into several areas (typically five). Only two areas are fixed - the header and toolbar. Arena's features are highly customizable. This means that they may appear in different locations, in different colours, and with different captions and graphics, than those described here. They may even work differently, depending on how they are deployed. For this reason, when we refer to a feature here in the help wiki, we do not specify its location on the screen. Instead we refer to the feature by its default on-screen title.
The language selector
The language selector enables you to choose the language that you want to use in Arena. You may switch languages at any time. To learn more see Language Selector.
The search tool
The search tool enables you to search Arena for items in the library, archive or museum, or for articles posted in Arena. The results of searches appear in a column (usually the centre column in a three-column view), where you may explore further to find what interests you. To learn more see Search
The toolbar is visible at all times. It contains clickable buttons for navigating to various common features of Arena, including the following:
- Welcome This is the starting point for most activities in Arena.
- Articles This is where you may view new articles.
- My Articles This is where you may create or edit articles.
- My Pages This is where you may view and manage your charges, loans, messages, profile, reservations, reviews, and tags.
- My Media This is where you my view media that you have added to your basket.
- About the Library This is where you may find out more about the library.
- Contact Library This is where you may send a message, such as a question, request or comment, to the library, archive or museum.
- Help This is where you may find articles to help you use the library, archive or museum.
The content of the toolbar may vary form time to time, as the range of features change.
This panel provides links to the main features of Arena, many of which relate to your Arena account. Click an item to access it, or to open a branch to other features within the panel. Some features are available only when you have logged in to Arena.
The navigation panel may duplicate some features that are available on the toolbar. This happens because the toolbar is an optional feature in Arena, so may not be present at all times.